Monday 7 January 2008

On Mr Darcy

Upon reading my earlier post, my good friend, Dino approached me, just as I was about to leave the office, with a great enquiry. He asked,


" Noreane, what's a Mr Darcy? Is it a toy?? "


I did not know whether to scream with laughter or just knock my head senseless on the workstation. Furthermore,he had looked at me with such innocence and with great intensity when he posed the question that I was so tempted to reply to him " Yes darling and it's battery operated!!! ".

I can still remember the look of confusion and wariness on his face as I went through a series of " facial exercise /face lift workout " for him. First came my look of sheer horror, then came the look of pure disbelief - then followed by me laughing hysterically until there were tears rolling down my cheeks (thank god big boss wasn't around or else he would be wondering if my appraisal form for last year's performance was properly assessed. Perhaps he should have recommended a visit to the nearest psychiatrist for an assessment on staff's mental state instead, hmmm?? ).

Poor Dino. He must have been traumatised by my reaction. Bet he was just confirming his all time suspicion that I am indeed, afterall, a sad case of a coconut head!!

I don't blame him for not knowing who Mr Darcy is. Really. After all, he is a MAN. I don't even think dear hubby would have known who in god's-green-earth is Mr Darcy until I came into his life and introduced him to the world of Jane Austen.


*Sigh* Men, they can be so adorable sometimes, can't they? ;)

1 comment:

Mang + Mang + Mang said...

Colin Firth had the ugliest lamb chops in the world. (he played Darcy right ?) I don't like all the mushy Jane Austen stuff. The closest I got to reading one was Wuthering Heights. WAhhh .. damn heavy man .. worst than Dickens