Wednesday 20 June 2007

Phewwwww...

It's been a while since I last sat for an exam and mind you, this is no laughing matter. Since I am no Einstein nor am I a Pulitzer winner, it requires a lot of effort and a rather huge chunk of my personal sacrifice just to pass the exam - no, even to just manage through the scheduled classes.

I have always known that I would want to be involved in science social studies. At one time I even thought of becoming an ambassador, proudly representing my birth country to preferably one of the European countries. But alas, father had already formulated a plan for me, so I was then shipped off to UK after completing my SPM to major in computer studies. God knows how I even manage to make through the course when half the time I don't even know what the lecturers were talking about.

Fast forward to present time, I told myself if I were to decide for a career change, now would be it. The fact that I had to both work and study at the same time, plus manage the family does tend to take a toll on me sometimes. But then again, like I always tell myself, I am not the first one to walk down this path. If others could do it, then so can I. Still, thank god for the ever dependant support system from 'ma familia', especially hubby dearest a.k.a my walking legal dictionary for enduring wifey's late nights from classes while indulging in not-so-healthy dinners all by himself.

I have still a looong way to go, but then after the first exam results, I can now proudly say, optimistically speaking of course - despite the earlier doubts I had of my capabilities to complete my first semester, the future does indeed looks promising now, doesn't it .... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good results...:-) Keep up the gud work (ceh, mcm cikgu sekolah lak...)

Anonymous said...

alaa ge0rge..evry0ne kn0ws ure smart..u can do it!!
0ur lawyer in the family..
great!!n0w dat ure a lawyer in the making,,what am i gone bec0me??
nenek bagi either lawyer,d0ct0r,0r engineer..hrmm
but i wanna be a j0urnalist!!
*sigh**sob sob*

Anonymous said...

or a writer or something..

s0rry..lupe nak add..hehe..