Monday 7 July 2008

The "Frog" Flu

Just drabbling here a bit.

Over the weekend I was introduced to the world of Sergeant Keroro through the Animax channel. Fascinating indeed. The anime is about Keroro, who is a frog-like alien sergeant whose initial plan was to invade planet earth with his friends. However, this is one Sergeant who I doubt will ever make it alive should there be a' real' war (touchwood!!) between two worlds. Despite being an alien, he is just like any other ordinary person. He can be emotional, sometimes disoriented, often contradicts himself and his sanity is questionable at times. His antics are very entertaining, and I sometimes find myself either laughing out loud or just staring dumbfounded at the television with my mouth hanging open (hmmm, that doesn't sound too 'appealing' on a woman now, come to think of it). And as a hobby, he likes making models of robots from the Mobile Suit Gundam anime series. Quite unusual for a war like alien I should say. But then again, what isn't with this story?

I am for one, not that much of an anime fan. However, ever since I have started studying again, and that with the great turbulence in the local political scene plus the demoralizing cost of living nowadays, I find that I do need some sort of a temporary diversion so that I would not succumb to my depression and ended up being a 1st class, psychopath b***h. I need to find a way to ensure that at the end of the day, I am able to retain that sense of humour that I have always had with me and not to let it be overpowered by my newly sarcastic and sceptical personality that is so...not attractive.

The series currently shown on Astro Animax is dubbed in English with Malay subtitles as an option. Talk about multi language. The opening theme song is another thing that tickles my fancy. Very catchy tune indeed. With ridiculous lyrics such as ..." Saya lupa menanak nasi untuk makan dengan nasi kari" and " Apabila saya menutup pintu tangan saya tersempit", how can I not enjoy myself of this experience of watching a tiny frog trying to achieve the impossible while looking absolutely cute about it.

Kero! Kero! Kero!

*p/s: "kero" is the sound the frogs made in japanese as opposed to "rebit" in english.



Opening Theme Lyrics - Kero! To March (English Translation)
---------------------------------------------------------------
3 2 1 Fire!

Kero kero kero
C'mon march foward, the invasion has just begun
Kekero kero
When I take an umbrella, it always some how stays sunny.

Soldier! grit your eyes
I forgot to make the rice for the curry!

When I closed the door I got my finger stuck!
And when I got on a plane, it went off the wrong way!
My Platoon took a vacation at Planet Kero
Ah, I guess it is cheaper just to buy dinner

Gero Gero Gero
Shout loudly the signal of victory
Gegero gero
When I dashed to the phone, it was only just a fax

Today is the end of the Hensei era and is only the beginning of the Kero era DE ARIMASU
Sweep in a space circular
Fidgeting, sweating, crying

For tooth paste strawberry is the one to use
Planet Kero is the best in the universe probably
Ah 5 minutes from the station turned out to be 15
Ah well oh well I guess a job well done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kau sememangnye dah bersifat kartun. Alamatnye, bertambah kartun la ko jadi lepas ni.

Ehhh, kalau otak kartun ni, boleh ke jadi lawyer yang berkaliber??!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha....what can i say :)..kalu dah otak katun tu, sampai bila2 pun jadi katun jugak!hehehe...ape2 pun i always lov u..muuaah