Thursday 8 January 2009

Fruit For Thought

According to Dino, I am an "apple".

It has been quite a while since I last blogged. Been receiving remarks dripping with heavy doses of sarcasm from friends especially, such as, " Did you know, your blog is full of cobwebs. Not gonna clean it up eh?" or " Dey, where have you been woman?!! We were thinking of going to the authorities to file a missing person's report!!". But the best remark yet would have to be from a former work colleague of mine whom I met at one of the hypermarkets over the weekend. I thought my eardrums were going to explode when she screeched into my ear, " Oh My Gawwddd, you're still alive??!!".

*Sigh, it is so nice to know that there so many who are deeply concerned of my well being .

I have been busy. Yes, I know-lame excuse. Truth be told, I was just...not in the mood to blog. So many things have happened (as usual) - tasks to be completed, goals to achieve, people to entertain, etc.

To summarize what has happened over the final 3 months of year 2008:


1. Am still employed (i know, it's a 'miracle', huh?);

2. Moved to a new crib ( my very own private sanctuary); and

3. Passed my exam (THANK GOD!!!! No need to 'rebus' the books afterall daddy ;)).


Also, as part of my impending new years resolution and has been since 10 years ago - which is to loose weight, I have been trying to maintain a healthy diet (by the way, the key word here is 'trying') and include some exercise regime in my hectic schedule. I started a bit late in the middle of year 2008 and have been trying to maintain my discipline in keeping up with the regime. I used to alternate between running on treadmill and swimming but I had to forgo the 'privilege' when I chose privacy over luxury and moved house. As of now, I am lucky enough if I could even go to the gym at least once a week.

Other then that, I try to watch over my food intake - although it is often easier said then done. Malaysia is simply a huge melting pot of scrumptious tastes and heavenly aromas. Temptations often lurk around the corner wherever I go, and sad to say, I have succumb to the mighty temptations in many numerous occasions.

Still, there are rewards at the end of the tiring journey. It may not be a huge one but still, it is nice to know that all efforts were not lost. Just the other day, a colleague of mine told me that i was 'looking good'. Despite the simple sentiment, it brings such joy to me and believe it or not, a surprise to me still. You see, other then the slight decrease in my clothing size, I don't feel that much different. In fact, I initially thought that reason why my tops being a bit loose nowadays, especially around the shoulders is because they are worn out from over-washing and it was time for my annual shopping spree.

Often I would consult my buddy cum health consultant, Dino, who got me into the 'health awareness' programme. When I asked him why, despite my one hour's exercise per day, three times a week routine, my body shape is still heavy on the top rather then my bottom, he simply replied, " That's because you're an apple, dear".

Well, look on the bright side - at least he did not call me a 'durian' ;).


According to research conducted in the west, female body shapes are based mainly on four combinational structures :-

Banana or Straight
Your figure is straight up and down, without a lot of curves. The waist circumference is at least 75% of the chest or hips circumferences, which are virtually the same. The body has a relatively high androgen level compared to the estrogen level, and this causes the skeleton to develop in a more masculine pattern and body fat to be distributed predominantly around the waist. If you were to gain five pounds, they would distribute evenly throughout your frame.

Apple (Triangle downward)
Your upper body is noticeably larger than your lower body. The waist circumference is at most 75% of the chest circumference, and the chest circumference is at least 110% of the hips circumference. Body fat distribution tends to begin in the arms, shoulders, chest and upper abdomen first. If you were to gain five pounds, four of them would go to your waistline.

Pear or Spoon or Bell (Triangle upward)
Your upper body is noticeably smaller than your lower body. The waist circumference is at least 75% of the chest circumference, and the hips circumference is at least 110% of the chest circumference. The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. If you were to gain five pounds, four of them would go to your hips and thighs.

Hourglass shape (Triangles opposing, facing in)
You're very curvy with a clearly defined waist. The waist circumference is less than 75% of the chest or hips circumferences, which are virtually the same. Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, breasts, hips and rear before other parts, including waist and upper abdomen. Due to the preference shown to physical symmetry, many celebrities falsely claim hourglass measurements but actually rate closer to a straight figure or apple.

Based on studies conducted, the most common female form is the pear whilst an hourglass figure is considered the ideal female form. To top that up, a new research suggests that hourglass women may live longest, and apple-shaped the shortest.

Now, after that of being compared to the hourglass, would you blame the '"apples" if they are constantly in a state of precariousness ?!!!


Damn, there goes my new year's resolution. Now I am in a dire need of a good Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream to lift my spirits up from this sheer depression =(.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahhaha!!..apple or what,u're still my favourite fruit..:)..i am of course definitely an hourglass..xD

xoxo~najj

btol ckp ur friends,blog ini sudah nazak wooo..haha

dino said...

Ahh... apple is my taste.
Shed some pounds, you are next to become
apple shaped Angelina Jolie!!

Anonymous said...

ape adehal epal ke, pisang ke, sukun ke or lobak merah ke.... setiap ciptaan Tuhan tu mmg dah canteekkk.

hehehe... thank god kita dah tamat pengajian bahasa mandarin. We shud celebrate mkn steambot brickfield la

Aznita@Terk said...

ado laie ko nih noreane?ingatkan dah bersara.hehe..

Anonymous said...

welcome back syyyg...muuaah

Unknown said...

I love 'apples'. Nice, juicy and crunchy apples.

"You are the 'apple' of my eye".

"When the 'apple' is ripe it will fall”.

"An 'apple' a day, keeps the doctor away".


ok, i'd better stop now. bordering harassment as it is. rather not mess with a future lawyer here lol.

keep up with the blogging munchkins. i've missed hearing from u

Unknown said...

Doesn't matter what type of fruit u r, it is ur character that defines who u r... and I like u just the way u r :)

dino said...

Steambot brickfield tu rasa kelat2 masam last aku makan kat sana :D