Saturday 21 July 2007

HELP ME!!!!

I am an insomniac.

I am someone who cannot sleep at night.

According to Wikipedia, " Insomnia is a sleep disorder characterized by an inability to sleep and/or inability to remain asleep for a reasonable period. Insomniacs typically complain of being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. Both organic and nonorganic insomnia constitute a sleep disorder.[1][2] It can be caused by fear, stress, anxiety, medications, herbs, caffeine, depression, or bipolar disorder and sometimes occurs for no apparent reason. "

Shakespeare described this phenemenon delicately in 'The Two Gentlemans of Venora' , Act 1, Scene 1 as "twenty watchful, weary, tedious nights".

The French calls it insomniaque.

The Italians, insonne. ( sounds insane to me...)

The Greeks - (αυτός)που υποφέρει από αϋπνία (!@#$%^&*??!!)


Moi? I find it to be a bloody NUISANCE.

This is not the first time I am experiencing this phenemenon. Apparently eversince I started studying again, I find myself with less quality sleep and more restless nights. One would have thought that when a person is running up dan down on a daily basis like a headless chicken, trying to get to get as many things done as possible, e.g. work, study, cook, wash, become the dutiful wife, daughter; the 'hapPening' friend - you would have thought that by the end of your loooonngg exhausting day, after a full day of vigorous activities which includes amongst others 'merempit' across roads to work, lunch, school and home and frying ones' brains out in your conquest to achieve absolute control in your work and to maintain some sanity while trying to make it through your legal classes - that you would be able to get a decent good sleep after a full day of buzzing about like an insanely busy bee.

How wrong can a person be?

I am here, on a morning which I initially plan to sleep in, now in front of my computer, vigorously typing away trying to get all this junk out of my head despite sleeping only at 5:00 am, and waking up just 3 hours ago.

I have tried numerous remedies for my ailment, hot cocoa, exercise, meditation.... I am short of taking sleeping pills and shooting myself in the head.

Please, can anyone help me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea i can help..
take me 0ut sh0pping..woohoo!!
then let me sleepover with wherever ure sleeping..
i tell u,u'll fall asleep terus hearing me blabber!!haha!!

remember th0se days where we slept at ayah istana's h0use during arwah nenek's last days
and i was sleeping with u at the p00lhouse??i remembered trying N0T to fall asleep while trying to listen t0 ur speech bout h0w t0 handle law cases dat was given in ur test..haha..